A reading assistance tool for people who have difficulty reading small letters.
"Brighter and Bigger" is a reading glasses tool for people who have difficulty reading fine print and focusing on nearby objects due to presbyopia, eye illness, etc.
Presbyopia is a normal condition for people over the age of 40, which arises from age-related changes in the anatomy of the eye. Moreover, it becomes difficult to read small letters due to eye illnesses, such as cataracts and low vision.
This application helps you to read small letters by making the images bigger, brighter and clearer with scientific color changing methods.
"Brighter and Bigger" has been fully modified and is now in version 2. (iOS only)
This version incorporates various functions for assisting persons with weak eyesight, illness of the eye, etc.
- Shows you fine print bigger, brighter and clearer.
- "Brightness Reverse" mode and "Monochrome" mode (2.0 or later only) are supported. These modes are suitable for people with cataracts and low vision.
- "Tilted Angle Correction" mode, which revises the distortion of images when you read books, etc. from a tilted angle, is supported. (2.0 or later only)
- Maximum magnification of up to 20 times is supported so that you can use this tool as a monocle when you would like to see distant objects even if blurred. (2.0 or later only)
- Developed by a scientist (Ph.D. Medical Science and Media Design) based on research in color science.
- 2013/10/30: iOS Version 2.01 is released.
A bug that the app can not launch on iOS7.0.3 is fixed.
- 2012/12/06: iOS Version 2.0 was released.
- 2012/10/06: iOS Version 1.01 was released.
Supports the longwise screen of iPhone 5 and fixed a bug that occured when saving the screen in iOS6.
- 2012/06/05: Android Version 1.01 was released.
Fixed the black screen bug on some Android 4.0 devices.
(If camera previews are displayed doubly, turn off the "Black screen hack" option in preferences. (panasonic P-07C etc.))
- 2012/05/14: Android Version 1.00 was released.
- 2011/08/02: iOS Version 1.00 is released.
Book - Original
Book - Big + Bright + Clear
Book - Big + Bright + Clear + Lightness Reverse + Color Discard + Cyan
Book - Big + Bright + Clear + Lightness Reverse + Color Discard + Yellow and Blue
Card - Original
Card - Tilted Angle Collection
Card - Tilted Angle Collection + Big + Bright + Clear
- This application software has been designed so that people with cataracts or low vision can use it easily.
- This application software is developed by Kazunori Asada (Ph.D. Medical Science and Ph.D. Media Design) and released for free.
I acknowledge Mr. Rion Aoki who designed an original web site, Mr. Taiki Fujii who helped to develop an Android version, Mr. Kiichi Yamane who gave me a lot of advice about people suffering from low-vision, Ms. Yoko Fuchikawa and Mr. Ben Garratt who checked and corrected my English, and all the people who helped with development.